Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Welcome!

Well, hello there stranger... I'm John, and...

Wait.

Stop.

Don't go.

You'll get used to the smell.

Swears.

So, where were we? Ah, yes... just what the hell do I think I'm doing? Well, I'm writing reviews. I maybe doing it poorly, or even flat out wrong, but I'm doing it.

Why? Well, because if I didn't, in roughly 10 years I'll be committed to a loony bin. You see, I'm one of those poor deranged souls who craves media. Stimuli, stimuli, stimuli and more stimuli. If I'm not checking out the news on-line, I'm listening to a CD (how 90's), watching a movie, listening to radio, reading a book, writing poorly, playing video games, abusing parenthesis.... so yeah, I'm a lot like you.

I also tend to analyze and contextualize a lot of the stuff I consume. Why? Like the side bar says, we don't live in a vacuum. This stuff all has to fit together somehow.

So I'm going to throw it all up against the wall and see what pictures form. I'll also be dodging my biggest pet peeve about review sites: I won't just review new things.

Why not? Because none of us live that way. Sure, we may get stoked for the new Clutch album, or the latest Judd Apatow flick, but that's not all we exist on. We make discoveries, encounter artifacts. We need to put them into some sort of perspective. We need to share.

And, dad-gummit! That's what I'm going to do! Share my findings as I continue my shamble across this pop-culture void we call "Earth".

(I have it on good authority that "Earth" may consist of more than just scraps of media, but I'm waiting for the evidence to play out.)

So hopefully, you'll find something you like along the way and share your experiences to boot!

Talk to you soon,
John

No comments: